Thursday, November 27, 2008

New Post! (for Brooke)

From SilverStreet Photo


I suck at this blogging game. Well, it's not so much that I suck, more so it's that I became disenchanted and chose to suck. Blogging for me had become a sales pitch. I'm not big on sales pitches so I quit. I quit posting to my blog. I quit reading the blogs of other photographers. I even quit making my students create their own blogs.

I'm over that now. I've been reading many blogs lately. No photography blogs, just the blogs of friends and family. Mainly Mirablog on which my lovely wife posts things that I already know about my lovely daughter, but I love reading them over and over again, and confessions of a rookie, a blog where an old friend from college rambles on about girl stuff that I probably shouldn't find interesting, but I do. It's mostly because of the rookie's blog that I'm typing this. She's very inspiring in her own way. Thanks Rookie.

I've decided that I have a couple of things to say again. Things that probably aren't important to anyone but me, but the act of typing them seems like a good thing right now. I'll still (well, I'll start to post again) photos, but I think I'll give someone out there (possibly just me) a little insight into what it's like to be me.

So...until I think of something good to say...?

3 comments:

Kurt said...

It's about damn time! Now I expect something inspiring, post haste.

Kari said...

watch your mouth kurt. glad you back on the band wagon. however, that picture really freaks me out.

The Rookie said...

I feel guilty that I'm finally checking this. That photo is grotesque in the creative sense of the word. Very Cyclopes/Greek.

Glad to hear my blog is inspiring in a "rambling about girl stuff" sort of way. I thought it was more rambling about human stuff, but as long as you got the rambling aspect down we're good.

Am I rambling?