Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I voted for the other guy...but?

I drive a lot--somewhere right around 158.6 miles per day. And while I drive, I tend to listen to AM radio every time that I forget my Ipod on the corner of my desk (read every other day). AM radio is all about politics and while I enjoy a good politician bashing now and then, today I started to wonder.

We watched President Obama's inagurual address today in class (read I watched President Obama's innaugural address today in class while my students slept), and I was pretty impressed. The guy can put on one heck of a speech, I'll give him that much. I found myself standing behind him as he spoke, wishing for a greater America, praying for a better world. Somethings got to change and this is the guy that we have to lead the change, so here's to hoping.

But...the AM pundits continue their bashing. What's the point? The democratic process has completed another cycle and now we should unite behind our chose leader. Become better people. Become a better nation. Shouldn't we?

Good luck Mr. President. I want to be a lot of things when I grow up, but President will never be one of them. Good luck President Obama. I'm with you man.

3 comments:

The Rookie said...

I had a few sleepers in my class, but all in all my students were pretty into it. But, then, very few of them are white ranchers from Wyoming, so that might explain the disparity in reactions.

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of your attitude. That is exactly what we all need to do. I wish everyone could see there is a time time to grumble and a time to roll up our sleeves and go to work. I guess it's just easier to complain. I, for one, am praying that Obama can deliver on everything he says.

Angie said...

Your photos are great. I appreciate your attitude but I can't support my President when he's trying to spend my hard earned money for me. He's a great family man and I respect the office. I've read the entire stimulus bill, his voting record and watched him go back on things he promised in this campaign, all the while he claims there's no bipartisanship. I don't want to bail out others mortgages and pay for all the little pet projects in the stimulus. I do love your photos, especially Jamie, since she's one of my best friends. Thanks.