Thursday, December 04, 2008

Organization/Confusion

From Blog
I read once that your IQ is a measure of how well you organize information in your head. I immediately dismissed that fact, reasoning that I was a fairly intelligent person, but was the least organized person that I knew. Although I have become arguably less intelligent over the years, I haven't become any less organized. I haven't become any more organized either, and that is what this rant is about.

My garage is a mess. My desk is a mess. My other desk is a mess. My other, other desk is a mess. But, I do know where everything is. If you need a screwdriver, there's one on the top left corner of the filing cabinet. If you need a screw, there's one in the second slot up and third from the left in the organizer (I use the term loosely) in the center draw of my desk. If you need my second period's last essay, they're near the top right corner of my work desk, right underneath last Friday's newspaper and a portable hard drive, but on top of the "Studio Photography" magazine from two months ago. It may look like a mess, but everything seems to be right where it should be according to me.

Am I happy about this? No. I want to be organized. I want everything to have it's own specific place where I can find it every single time that I need it. I've wanted this for a couple of years now. Wanting doesn't seem to be enough. Any suggestions?

PS. If you'd like to post a comment, click on the little icon at the bottom of this post that says "0 comments."
PPS. This picture was taken by the lovely and talented Mirabel at age 2. She's going to make me a millionaire some day.

5 comments:

The Rookie said...

Lovely photo.

Organization is overrated. And if intelligence is based on how you organize information IN your head, then anything OUTSIDE of your head shouldn't count. My humble opinion.

My not-so-humble opinion: I am an intelligent person.

The Rookie said...

Oh, and because of your chagrin, I'm posting tonight. Finally...I know.

Kurt said...

I'm a little scared to hit any buttons on your blog. I don't want to get RickRoll'd.

Jen said...

I think you need to hang out with your best buddy more often. He is full of suggestions on how to organize better. Just ask him or have him follow you around for a week and you will be completely organized, possibly a little crazy, but you will be organized.

Kari said...

a long time ago my mom made a cross stitch for my dad that says "a messy office is a sign of character. you should see the character that works here." since you know my dad i'll let you decide how to take that.