Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Time Out!!!

Life is good! I'm sure this isn't the kind of thing that most guys think about growing up, I know I didn't, but I never dreamed that I would be so happy being a husband and a father. I have no idea how I ended up with the wife and daughter that I have, but I'm sure that I owe somebody big time for it.
Evidence: Every once in a while I try to send Mirabel to time out. Problem is that it doesn't work the way it's supposed to. As soon as I say "Time Out," she runs (I'm sure she'd be skipping if she could) to her room, grabs her time out chair, drags it out to wherever I am, and sits in it smiling until I crack up laughing or start kissing her. I know I'm not very good at this job, but hey, what's a guy to do?


5 comments:

Amber Shellabarger said...

The best is when we have to hide in the hall so she won't see us laughing.
Don't forget the first part (even when you are stressed about photos)

Joel said...

Instead of telling her "timeout" you need to tell her the Easter Bunny's coming... I'm mean what kind of punishment is it if she enjoys it? ;)

silvernic said...

You forget, there is no Easter Bunny at my house!

Amber Shellabarger said...

ROTF LOL JOEL!!!!!

Joel said...

I guess it's better to know now... unlike this poor other boy I know who freaked out a little when he found out.... found out there is no Easter Bunny at YOUR house that is. he he he